Butterfly Memories
Butterfly Memories~
The mist so cool,
The air is still,
We watched you settle on a flower,
so delicate,
a silver- blue,
Sucking nectar,
deep within....
Petals unfolded silently,
The flower it smiled up
to the sky.
The petals brushed the tiny wings
of the exquisite butterfly.
Pollen dusted its legs
and wings,
soon to be carried far away,
We watched that very precious thing,
on that dark and cloudy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later as the sky turns dark,
thousands of stars they sparkle down,
I look to them and think of you,
imagine what you are doing now.
Once we were standing side by side,
barefoot on a sandy shore,
water lapping at our feet,
yet I know we are no more.
The mist so cool,
The air is still,
We watched you settle on a flower,
so delicate,
a silver- blue,
Sucking nectar,
deep within....
Petals unfolded silently,
The flower it smiled up
to the sky.
The petals brushed the tiny wings
of the exquisite butterfly.
Pollen dusted its legs
and wings,
soon to be carried far away,
We watched that very precious thing,
on that dark and cloudy day.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Later as the sky turns dark,
thousands of stars they sparkle down,
I look to them and think of you,
imagine what you are doing now.
Once we were standing side by side,
barefoot on a sandy shore,
water lapping at our feet,
yet I know we are no more.

Comments
Post a Comment